Saturday, December 11, 2010

Wishlist: Knit Wool

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=490&Product_Id=1469942&Parent_Id=1034&default_color=BLUE&sort_by=§ioncolor=§ionsize=#

I've been craving knit wool for about a semester now. I would DIE for this skirt. Oh Brooks Brothers, how you tease me with your Full Milano Pleated skirt. 'Bet you 20 bucks it'd be too short on me. Worst part, I'm not sure I know how to make that skirt! Horror of horrors! I've never sewn on knits before (double needle?) and are those pleats heat or chemically set? Pleating board for sure. Someday...

4 comments:

  1. Are you sure it's a knit? All the skirts I have that are pleated like that are wovens (a cheap satin, an equally cheap gray polyester thing and a vintage wool). Double needle would work or zig-zag with a ballpoint needle or serging. I've only tried the zig-zag approach myself and since it was on a barely working machine and I didn't have the right needle I don't know how effective it really is. As far as the pleating, you got me. I did see a tutorial on making a pleating board somewhere though...possibly on Burdastyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you read the Q&A about the skirt it says it is a knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm skeptical. I'm sure they wouldn't lie and I don't know how they wouldn't be able to tell the difference in their own product but I'm still skeptical. At the very least I don't know why it wouldn't work in a woven. It is, either way, a very nice skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, I mos def think it IS knit. Brooks Brothers would make a pleated wool knit. If it wasn't a knit it'd need darts to fit that yoke.

    ReplyDelete