Friday, January 31, 2014

"Dress"

I've been patterning pants among other things this semester and learned about "dress".

Dress is adding 1/2" up and out at the bottom of the front left pant curve (crotch). I've spent my fair share of time in men's dressing rooms, changing them in the dark, and discussing and washing their underwear, but after a long week "dress" just really got me. I couldn't stop giggling when my tailor quantified amount of dress. The ladies in the BYU shop should just shake their heads at how far I've fallen.

FYI: Dress is specifically on the left because the way flies are constructed more often than not makes the left side preferred, but a bespoke pair of trousers can easily accommodate right dress.

Yes, this is highly euphemistic and yes, this is the old-timey technical term. 

No comments:

Post a Comment