Monday, September 21, 2009

too horrible by half: manpris




Man capris, or manpris are just a no. I'm not a fan of most types of capris. It's not a favorable length of pant and finding any pair that might be near an appropriate length is very difficult. But when it comes to men, capris are a major no. Let's think about it shall we? Capris as a rule stop somewhere between shorts and pants, meaning they leave from mid-calf to the ankle exposed. Now think of a more feminine and dainty area of a man's physique. You can't. Man ankle, when exposed w/o man calf and man knee is the definition of awkward. Most boys who wear manpris are, let's face it, not of the bulkiest build, so really from the knees down you'd think they might be girls, but no, they have hairy hairy ankles that you can see clearly because of their manpris. I have nothing against hairy man legs, but seeing only ankle is just not ok. Show me the whole bottom leg or let's keep it all under wraps, k boys?
PS I know those first pictures aren't really manpris, but come on, leggpris? come on!!!

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, this post reminded me of something I heard from a friend who studied the ways that media is dishonest with the American public. She told me that most of the leg modeling done for products like shaving creams, tights, shoes, or whatever requires a good pair of legs from the waist down, is usually done by men or adolescent males. They wax their legs and buff their skin and in many cases, men have more feminine legs than women do. Isn't that crazy? It makes me wonder who is really in short shorts whenever I see a Nair commercial.

    I think that the capri pants is an awkward pants on many people. I love it when Audrey Hepburn wore them, but a lot of times I find that people look kind of like white trash soccer moms. I almost expect to look up and find a pooddle perm and stained wolf tee shirt every time.

    I love your bloggy blog so much. Even though I don't comment all the time, I am reading it! I hope you are having a good semester :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a guy recently in a fantastic pair of jean manpris. I wish I would have taken a picture for you. lol

    ReplyDelete