Wednesday, October 14, 2009

project: palatia salwar


Of course I love Indian costumes, esp Northern pant outfits. After I watched Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi I fell in love with Taani's salwar(s, plural?). Turns out they're patalia salwar(s) and I want to make a pair. I've found churidaar patterns online through Folkwear, and a basic salwar pattern, but so far patalia salwar patterns have been impossible to find. I've found many pictures, seen above, but I've had a hard time finding the waist construction b/c they're most often worn with a kameez. THEN, joy of all joys, I watched Luck By Chance again w/ my roomie last week and as it turns out, Hrithik Roshan has a 4 minute dance scene in white patalia salwars, and a mesh shirt, perfect for construction shots!! Needless to take I took 54 pictures and ran down my battery taking pictures of these beautiful pants at every angle. I'm excited to make them someday, hopefully before the end of this school year.

Top construction

Oh so voluminous

No comments:

Post a Comment