Wednesday, October 21, 2009

random projects

I'm currently in the beginning stages of writing a report on India's influence on European women's fashions in the 19th century. I've been finding a lot of fun things about Kashmiri shawls, a LOT of fun things actually. It's kind of shaping into a report about the shawl, which is no good b/c I want to write about other things too. I'm sure if my professor lets me analyze extant costumes w/o accompanying materials about India, but that are clearly Indian, I can write more.

I've now had quite a few production meetings for the show I'm costume designer for that's coming up in March. The show is Blood Wedding and I'm excited. It's a Spanish play and traditional Spanish wedding dresses are black, and the director wants to keep it that way!! I'm so STOKED to design a black wedding dress. My concept for the production crew is due tomorrow, and is due to the producers on Monday.

I'm running out of/sick of many of my Sunday dresses so I'll probably have to make another one soon.

I'm going to be Audrey Hepburn for Halloween, a la Funny Face. I'm going to work on blocking my eyebrows out in make up class today. Technically today is gutsies and gories day, but I need to practice Audrey before Halloween, so I'm doing Holly Golightly after she fell down the fire escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment