Tuesday, October 25, 2011

trendi: The 1950s

The preppy movement has been moving from the 80s back to the 1950s in recent years, which I approve of. Clean cut preppy boys are opting for 1950s jackets and longer on top clean hair cuts, khaki pants, tshirt, it's great.
source
I think Madmen has had a lot to do with this, which is technically the 60s, but the super classy clean cut early 60s. Also, banana seat bikes, chukka boots, horn rimmed glasses, skinny ties, knit ties, mens cardigans...some of these pieces individually are rather hipster, but a 50s vibe in general is the choice of many a well groomed man of my acquaintance.
source
source
source
source
source
I could go on and on. It's happening a little in womenswear as well, with a trend toward dresses instead of shirts and skirts, or pencil skirts.

Yay or nay? yay, duh.

2 comments:

  1. You should have posted one of Dad's childhood pictures. It's like a smucker's commercial! He's got the haircut and the clothes! Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really my thing for guys, but at least they look well groomed. I am a huge fan of dresses instead of skirts though.

    ReplyDelete