Monday, March 4, 2013

Basically all I think about...

is going to New York in two days!

I was talking to friends and sending emails for hours last night cementing plans etc etc. It's going to be a full week but I'm stoked. Hopefully as exhausting as this trip is sure to be, it will also be restorative for the last six week push to get out of here.

I'm debating not taking my laptop...I hate lugging it around, and now that I have my iPhone the only thing it's really good for would be blogging...which I'll probably be too tired for anyway.

Things I'm super excited for:

Friends I haven't seen in months!
The Met
Bagels, lots and lots of bagels
I'm getting a tour of NYU's design department
All of the shopping
Various and sundry parks and attractions
Church in Harlem...need to make connections for later.
BIG CITY! LOTS OF PEOPLE! SIGHTS AND SOUNDS AND SMELLS! (but really, I LOVE big cities, my family doesn't believe that I like them, but I do! I love them!)
A possible visit to some designers
A trip over to PSU to check out their program
Manhattan Temple!

All of the things really. It's going to be crazy. I don't want to be a tourist, I want to do things my NYC friends think I'll like. I am not currently planning on seeing any theatre, GASP! I know, I know, but for this trip at least I'd so much rather be with my friends doing and talking and seeing things than sitting in a dark theatre. There's plenty of time for that later.

Anyway, I've got lots to do to finish getting ready and have FHE to get together tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment