Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Outerwear!

I love fall and winter if for no reason other than I can wear all my pretty layers. One item I consistently have to stop myself from buying is a new coat. I've stopped myself from buying so many raincoats because I already have one...but someday I'll have all the things!

I think it's important to not only have an array of outerwear for climate variations, but also because let's face it: in the fall and winter there can be entire days where your outfit is whatever you picked to wear on the outside. This is how it was when I went to London and walked around all day and when I was in Seoul. What I wore under the warm things was rarely seen. Also an array of gloves, scarves, and hats is important for the same reason.

Green Raincoat: From Stratford-upon-Avon.
Switched green buttons for gold.
Vintage camel cape with real fur collar.
Belonged to a relative. Have yet to wear it out. 
Orange Winter Coat. Replaced black buttons
for bronze ones I got in Seoul.

Eddie Bauer Norfolk meets the 1940s.
I wear this jacket the most. It's 100% wool and spans fall and winter.

Bavarian Eisenhower Jacket, or at least that's what I call it.
Purchased at a wardrobe thrift store in Burbank. Wool with suede details.
All Saints lamb leather jacket purchased in
Santa Monica 8 months after I fell in love with it in London.

it has tails and is the softest animal skin you've ever felt. So supple.
Navy Spring Jacket from Primark in London.
The sleeves are bracelet length and I just LOVE this jacket!


2 comments:

  1. I have a pretty good coat selection...that no longer fits :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your orange coat did not photograph in the right color at all!

    ReplyDelete