Monday, April 9, 2012

Best Dance Dresses

FAVORITE dance dress:
"The Piccolino" from Top Hat on Ginger Rogers
Youtube it, neither of the videos are embeddable.

so sparkly and pretty!





























"Dancing in the Dark" from Band Wagon on Cyd Charisse
not the most extravagant, but it dances like a dream.
like a dream































"It Only Happens When I Dance With You" from Easter Parade on Ann Miller
ombre and feathers!!!!
1912 it's not, beautiful it is!


"The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing" from White Christmas on Vera Ellen
SO MANY LAYERS OF CHIFFON!
source


"Dancing Cheek to Cheek" from Top Hat on Ginger Rogers
ostrich feathers, that is all.
Fred hated this dress, and it was parodied in Easter Parade






























There are more of course, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. The Piccolino dress is my favorite dress!

1 comment:

  1. If someone, anyone, would make me a costume like that, I'd die happy.

    ReplyDelete