Friday, March 16, 2012

There is no place like Nebraska.

I like that in Nebraska I can see endlessly in any direction.
I don't like that there aren't mountains right in my face all the time.

I like the laid back attitudes of the Midwestern people in Nebraska.
I don't like that Midwestern people drive the speed limit or less.

I like the humidity and how my skin drinks up the  moisture.
I don't like that I feel sticky all the time.

I liked that the sun was up longer the day I drove here because daylight savings had just changed.
I don't like that I'm still stuck on pre-daylight savings mountain time making me two hours behind.

Memorial Stadium: Sea of Red
I like that this is the third largest city in Nebraska.
I don't like that this is the third largest city in Nebraska.

I like that my high school is flanked by a swamp, a cornfield, and a cemetery.
I don't like that I'm not here during thunderstorm season.

I like that my friend is serving in Omaha.
I don't like that I haven't gone up there yet, task for the day?




No comments:

Post a Comment