Thursday, March 22, 2012

New Girl

You watch New Girl right? RIGHT?! Seriously, the best new comedy of my life and the only one I've started from the beginning with. I love 30 Rock and Community, but I haven't been with them from the start. New Girl started last fall and I watch it on my Hulu every week and every week I laugh so so hard, out loud, by myself.
Nick, Schmidt, and Winston!
1) Zooey Deschanel is basically playing Zooey Deschanel. She's great.
2) The boys, oh my gosh the boys. The chemistry in this loft is outrageous. Schmidt and his chut-e-ny, Winston and his nannying, Nick and his...Nickness. It's so great. Nick and Schmidt's towel mix up?! Losing my mind. Nick getting locked outside w/ Jess and Justin Long at the Christmas party, laughing so hard. Why has no one made fan vids of just Nick being crazy? I checked, they haven't. There are however Nick and Jess fan vids. That needs to stop bc they're so far from getting together and you know that if and when they do the show is over.
3) Dermot Mulroney. Dermot Freakin' Mulroney. This week's episode was Fancyman, Part 1 with Dermot Mulroney as the Fancyman whom Nick falls in love with because "he smells like strong coffee and going to see a man about a horse" and his sweater smells like "Shakespeare, if Shakespeare were a damn cowboy and hawks nest and boat fuel, cigars and bourbon, man stuff ". Really Mr. Mulroney is one of Jess' student's parents she gets mixed up with. I've already watched the parts with Dermot Mulroney like 4 extra times.

"You fold that sweater, don't hang it, you listening to me? Fold it. I don't care, do whatever you want."
"Jess, you put it up to six happy faces! I've never had it past three!"
"It smells like leather, Teddy Roosevelt, wistfulness."
"This might complicate things, but I'm in love with him."
"A kitchen island? Be a man, let your counter attach to itself."
"I want to kill ya, because I respect you. I think I understand hunting!"
"Did you take bath in his tub because you wanted to see what it would be like to be him? Because weirdly I get that."
"I'ma push a piece of paper across the desk that I've written a little number on. I'm just going to tell you, it's five kabillion dollars."
"So whatya say? Is China mine? Mr. Ying?"

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that show but Ryan gets so uncomfortable in it! He thinks it's so awkward and it is, and I love it. My boss called it squirm humor, which apparently started with Seinfeld. I think that's a great description.

    ReplyDelete