Saturday, May 26, 2012

art day

The weather wasn't good for hiking today and I'd gone adventuring for the past two Saturdays so it was nice to stay inside. Friend Kara and roommate Valerie and I spent the afternoon doing artsy things and watching The Sound of Music. My artsiness was repainting some frames I have.
I put a piece of velum in the label that says "hello." I'll probably change it to "chirp" at some point.
This one was originally glossy white. I've always loved this frame and I love the bird I keep in it that I embroidered, but it needed a little more pizazz. I didn't have an initial plan, but this what I got. I'm super pleased with it.

This frame was originally a run of the mill wood. I liked doing the gold so much on the bird frame I did a gradient kind of deal with this one. It looks better in person. It's all brush strokey on purpose. It's not my favorite, but it's a lot better and seeing them both on my desk makes me happy.

this looks great stretched as my desktop wallpaper
The turquoise, gold, and white made me really excited so I did this little number as the movie finished. Lots of scotch tape was involved for all of these projects. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment