Monday, May 14, 2012

Dan Stevens in "The Heiress"

http://playbill.com/news/article/165905-Downton-Abbey-Star-Dan-Stevens-Will-Pursue-The-Heiress-on-Broadway#.T7CIorvDf14.twitter

Are we excited about this? Dan Stevens is going to play suitor Morris Townsend in the upcoming Broadway production of The Heiress in fall 2012. Can I go to there? SO excited! Jessica Chastain is playing Catherine Sloper and David Strathairn is playing her father, woof.

a)American accent (even though he has the poster boy face of England)
b)more period costumes
c)lovey dovey-ness
d)the villain (but who isn't in this one?)!!!

Ug, I love the Olivia de Havilland Heiress. I'd killed to see this one. Maybe I will as a present to myself after South Korea, you know, with all the gobs of money I'll have...

Stevens played Septimus in Stoppard's Arcadia back in 2009, a performance I might have literally killed to see seeing as Arcadia is my favorite play I've never seen and Septimus is a sexy tragic beast. Top of my list for events to travel back in time to see would be the original 1994 production with Rufus Sewell as Septimus. A brunette Stevens would be my second choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment