Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Backstage Blacks

I've had a rather large dearth, yes dearth of creativity this summer. Recently I've resolved to do something creative/artistic everyday and have been doing ooooooook....I sewed some clothes, wrote some poems, carved some pumpkin, even had a portrait commission (soooo adult it makes me feel). I hope this all picks up when I go home and am not wearing black everydays. I mean when I was in high school I'd shut myself up for entire weekends and come out with a magazine collage of a Winterhalter portrait, or a new portrait of Josh Groban or the like. What happened? Art as homework happened, wah wah. Grad school's not going to help that, but I digress.

I mean to talk ab what I've been wearing for 4 months and why it sucks my soul out. Blacks. Neck to feet black w/ long sleeves and all that jazz. At the beginning I felt cool, hadn't had occasion to wear blacks for awhile...

first dress of Scapin, ready to GO!
During the summer I liked to try and look cute. Never as cute as the hair girls that wear straight up blouses, but I at least tried, for Scapin at least, Les Mis is a monster and I quickly decided it needed the full attention of my black yoga pants every performance. One day this summer my friend Krissa did my hairs for school and I put in my feathers and it was fun....

Then crossover started and we began build for fall and then the summer people left and we just ran Les Mis and I got in a big ol' rut and yay I got to wear black everyday! So, here's a sporadic collection of blacks. I still try to look nice for Stones bc a girl's got to try sometimes. Yoga pants and giant USF shirt for Les Mis...
fun lipstick is the only color we're allowed really, so I try my best for Stones.
 Me "trying" at Les Mis, not very hard though.
 I felt cute this day for sure...
 Then my hair started weighing 500 lbs.
 and I went completely mad....
This is a different day I swear.

Anydoctorwho....There it is. thesoulsuckers. I haven't worn my hair up in like 2 weeks in hopes of shaking off my tension headache, but s'no good. CHOP CHOP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment