Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Merlot/Lace: working so hard today

I worked last night and had Monday and today off so it feels like I've had loads of time to work on my dress, because I have. I work for the next three days so I won't get back to it until next Monday, which is fine, because I need a break whether I want one or not.

This morning I had my bodice and bodice lining together. Now I have the skirt attached, the collar on and all but one side of the center back lining put in. It's been great fun as you might guess because the open back with a collar and all of that is a riot to line. No really, I love doing it. It's so precise, like making a million crotch seams, which are also a favorite of mine.

I must say I've been doing a bang up job and am really happy with how everything's been going so far. The collar looks smaller on one side, and did in the mock up too, but the pattern pieces are the same width so I don't know what's up with that. It's only a fraction of an inch, so I'm the only one that notices right? I feel like I'm so close to being done, and when you make the list (sleeves, attach lining waist, button holes and buttons, hem) it doesn't seem like that much, but it is. It's always more than you think it is in sewing. When I just have the buttons left to sew on it'll still take longer than I think it will. Ripping the button holes open might actually take a reasonable amount of time...

Anyway, I'm sure you want pictures. Because the form is so much shorter than me I can't really give you the best idea, but here are some shots to pique your interest.



bahaha, I'm so crooked.

before pressing, but still great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment