Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars 2013: Best Dressed

Overall the show didn't wow me. I'm not blaming Seth MacFarlane. He's adorable and friend Alicia and I wanted to just eat him up and/or pet him the whole night. Pet him? Yeah, maybe.

We talked through a lot of it, which if you know me means it couldn't have been that great (or that Alicia and I just talk, a lot )...I'm fairly certain I missed most of the craziest jokes. I did love Charlize Theron and Channing Tatum dancing (where did  that come from?), and all the pretty pretty boys in the opening.

I saw very few of the films that were nominated this year. Basically just Les Mis...yep, that's it.

I felt like the fashions were nothing particularly special and many wore what they always seem to wear. A lot of beads and sequins and bullion and embellishments this year. I'm over it.

There was also a trend of poorly fitted busts. Leaving the rest out of it, Jennifer Lawrence's bust fit so poorly. Same with Jennifer Aniston's and many others that either needed a lot more structure or just got crumpled and were rather sad looking.

Anyway, here you go.
Charlize Theron in Dior.
She's my major girl crush and will always be.
Short hair goddess in white.
Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen.
Was better on film. I was on the fence about this dress for awhile,
but when she doesn't slouch her shoulders and collapse
the neckline and when you get the full shot it's rather divine. 
Jessica Chastain in Armani
This gown is the perfect color between her skin and hair.
It's also beautifully beaded without being overwhelming.
Kerry Washinton in Mui Mui
This dress also grew on me.
I didn't like it so much on the red carpet.
BUT, the skirt sold me during her presentation.
The color is amazing. I am not sick of coral yet. 
Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji
Either Octavia or her stylist knows how to dress this woman.
 Last year she was stunning, this year as well. 
Queen Latifah in Badgley Mischka
She looked better than any other Chicago performer.
Seeing her on stage giving an award to Adele made my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment