Monday, December 19, 2011

My future movie collection

Everynowandthen I think of a movie that I need to have in my collection because I either love it or because I know that my children will need to have a knowledge of it, usually both. I figured I better start getting these titles down so I can have a real list. I'm sure I've missed some so let me know. We'll see if I already have them.

Musicals
An American in Paris
Bells Are Ringing
Singin' in the Rain
Brigadoon
My Fair Lady
The King and I
Top Hat
White Christmas
The Nutcracker
The Court Jester
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Thoroughly Modern Millie (even though I like the stage show better)
Not on the Lips

Kids
Beauty and the Beast
Aladin
The Lion King
The Little Mermaid
Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty
Mulan
Emperor's New Groove
Snow White
Monster's Inc.
Finding Nemo
A Bug's Life
Toy Stories
Hook
Swan Princess
Enchanted
Tangled
The Santa Clause
Mr. Kruger's Christmas
Quest for Camelot
Big
Blank Check
Wallace and Gromet
Muppet Christmas Carole
Great Muppet Caper
The Sandlot

Costume and/or Chick Flick
Anna and the King
Downton Abbey
Wives and Daughters
You've Got Mail
Sleepless in Seatle
While You Were Sleeping
Bleak House
Daniel Deronda
Branaugh's Much Ado About Nothing
Remains of the Day
Howard's End
Little Women (Christian Bale)
Elizabeth the Golden Age
39 Steps (Rupert Penry-Jones)
Cranford
Return to Cranford
Lost in Austen

Classics (as in Classic Hollywood)
Charade
Born Yesterday
Arsenic and Old Lace
Cool Hand Luke
The Quiet Man
Bullit
The Towering Inferno (Newman and McQueen)
Vertigo
Manchurian Candidate (Sinatra)
A Man for All Seasons
North By Northwest
Psycho
Tarzans (Johnny Wisemuller)
39 Steps
It's a Wonderful Life
Roman Holiday
Modern Times
Duck Soup
McLintock!
The Seabeas

Bollywood
Kabhi Khuchi Kabhie Gham
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Don
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Swades
Chak De India!
My Name is Khan
Main Hoon Na
Kal Ho Naa Ho
Sholay


Other
Strictly Ballroom
True Grit (2010)
Batmans (Christian Bale)
Lord of the Rings
Law and Order: SVU
Alias
Better Off Dead
One Crazy Summer
Can't Buy Me Love
The Baxter
Rockies (not 5 or 6)
Firefly
Serenity
Sherlock
Doctor Who Series 1 and 3-present (I have 2)
Harry Potters
Back the the Future
Indiana Jones
Star Wars IV-VI
Arrested Development
Quigley Down Under
Hamlet (RSC w/ David Tennant)

1 comment:

  1. You had better get the Star Wars trilogy soon before George Lucas screws them up even more with re-edits! The blue ray version is apparently an abomination! Buy the old DVDs while you still can!

    ReplyDelete