Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Skirt

I got some navy twill weave wool from LA last February and made a vintage patterned skirt out of it a week and a half ago. Took me about 6 hours. The size was 11.5 which had a 24.5" waist so I just added an 1/8" to each side seam piece and that's it! Instead of altering the waistline for my high left hip I just used the hem puffer and raised the right hem, not the most legit way, but it worked fine. I've made the same pencil skirt pattern 3 times in a row, and still have another wool to make it in, but I'm LOVING my A-line skirt with my gold buttons. I wore it to two wedding receptions and Christmas church. I think I might be going A-line and full for awhile.
I need a Sexy Sunday shot in this, I know.
I need to make other skirts! Skirts are my favorite, they're so fast and somehow seem to add more than other pieces to your wardrobe, and full skirts with tights are so wintery and fun.
alexa chung for madewell
love the sheer look
pleats and yoke.

1 comment:

  1. I would like some sexy skirts, too! Let's make some! I need more, I'm wearing summer skirts with boots and pretending they are now wintery, but cotton voile isn't very wintery...

    ReplyDelete