Saturday, December 17, 2011

Best Dressed: Roman Catholics

Ralph de Bricassart
 I've said it once and I'll say it again, Roman Catholics have the market cornered on religious dress.  I've thought this since I saw The Thornbirds in high school, and was reminded of this while watching Angels and Demons last night (better than the Da Vinci Code).
sash, yes.
 It's probably because Ralph de Bricassart is such a boss, but cassocks are the bomb, and totally handsome, in my humble opinion. Even better than the plain black ones? Cardinal cassocks (red trim and sash, I love the sash!). And of course Ewan McGregor in a cassock ain't so bad either.
so so pretty
 I like to see handsome celebrities in cassocks, but hate to see real handsome priests in them. To this day I remember one of the most handsome men I've ever seen was at the grocery store in Lincoln one summer day in a cassock, bummer.


aaaand, we got nothin' on the Catholics
Roman Catholic vestments fascinate me. I'll have to do more research.

No comments:

Post a Comment