Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Golden Globes

Awards season! I honestly don't watch any show except the Oscars, but I watch the pregame for some. Seeing as I don't have a TV however I didn't for the Globes and am basing opinions off photos, e'en though I prefer to see the gowns in motion. Going through the photos on MTV I was just bored with pretty gowns so I basically picked the really unique, but still appropriate gowns as favorites. In no particular order...

I've always had a soft spot for Nicole Kidman, her being 1/4" shorter than me and all. Mad props for wearing heels and props to Keith Urban for looking so chill (or something...) about it. Her body is just absolutely rocking in this gown and the beading or whatever is awesome. Great styling as well.






Tilda Swinton always makes bold choices and if nothing else I applaud her for that. In this case though I love what she's wearing. The color is divine on her and I love the tailoring with the soft skirt. Her shoes are also killer.

I'm not a fan of Claire Danes as an actress, but her gown is simple but unique and modest. I have a feeling there is more to it than this.

Speaking of modest, sleeves are in and while some actresses totally miss the modest but beautiful train I really like Michelle Williams' dress. Simple simple silhouette but beautiful material. I could lose or change the headband.

The one bit I did see of the Globes showed Angelina Jolie sitting down and I knew I loved her dress. I don't think I need to even explain why this dress is so boss and makes my brain hurt just thinking about the work that went into it.
Evan Rachel Wood, not so thrilling silhouette, but those feathers! Black dress taken to the max. Where the construction part of my brain hurt thinking about Jolie's, my meticulous "yes I've pinned on thousands of pieces of chiffon onto a costume" brain bleeds over this dress.
I pick my boys based mostly on classic menswear. A tux has to be oh so special for me to like it despite its veering away from convention. Clive Owen's tux is classic and he's handsome. His (an many others) pants break entirely too much, but knees up is good. I'd prefer a cummerbund or waistcoat bc I hate seeing the white shirt.
Colin Firth, Mr. Well Dressed Englishman himself. Pants too puddley, but still grand. His French cuffs stick out just right.
Leonardo DiCaprio, way to show everyone how it's done. I personally don't like three buttons, but I won't hold it against him. I could leave the watch, but his lapels and bowtie and studs are great.

2 comments:

  1. I like nicoles the best :-). See I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DiCaprio for the win!

    -Alexis :)

    ReplyDelete