Wednesday, February 22, 2012

1920s Fever

If you've been following my Pinterest at all (http://pinterest.com/belbcorinne/) you know that I have individual boards for each decade of the 19th and 20th centuries plus s'more for Worth etc. You also know that I have a rather burning and fierce penchant for the 1920s as of late, spurned on by Mary's black crepe dolman sleeved ensemble from the Christmas episode of Downton. I have one dress up type tennis ensemble of 20s ilk and I'm dying for more.

They can be so simple or less so, but no darts, no princess seams. Absolutely shapeless and absolutely comfortable. Many people don't appreciate the 20s bc they think they're ugly, but poo to them. Evening gowns aside (which are to die for, and you will if you try to do all the beading etc yourself) the 20s offers so many casual and lovely looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment