Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscars: Fashion: The Good: Women

Ok, these are going to be a series bc they're just too much to do all at once. We'll start with my best dressed women, move onto best dressed men, then the bad...

Basically in the order I found them on MTV's site, working off a list I made during the show.

Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton. I love the color, which is coral, not red, not orange. Her hair is sans headband which is the way to go. Love the make up, love the jewelry. It's just great!

Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli Couture. I love the color. I personally don't like high necks but she's working it. The bow is playful, as was she. Refreshing to see fuller skirts this season.
Natalie Portman in vintage Dior. Of course I love it! It's Dior! Love the color, the cut, the velvet polka dots. She had my favorite jewels of the night.
Penelope Cruz in Giorgio Armani. Another full, diaphanous skirt. Love the color, love the styling, love the jewels. I loved watching her walk across the stage. A delightfully feminine and classic dress.
Sandra Bullock in Marchesa. Rather daring to go so shapeless on top, but the gold work is divine, the cream and black contrast is lovely and the back is to die for. Sandy can do no wrong in my eyes.
Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen. On screen this dress was rather dull, but it absolutely shines on film. Oh Alexander McQueen, you do opulent embroidery like nobody's bizz. Hate the hair. This is the Oscars people, not a beach wedding, tie it back!
Tina Fey in custom Carolina Herrera. Tina's a classy lady. I just love this dress so so much and the lady wearing it.
Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford. I freaking loved this ensemble. Loved the cape. Loved the dress without it. Gwyenth totally rocks the absolutely simple and clean looks. Pony tail hair? Dumb.
Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji. You rock it girl. This dress is so flattering and moved like a dream and is just so ravishing and fantastic. The skirt silhouette is absolutely Venus de Milo and the train is divine.






















Read http://putthatinyourblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/red-carpet-and-um-other-stuff.html for another take.
Those were all the names on my list. So there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment